A blaze that devastated a 34ft yacht at Deganwy Quays Marina was caused by an electrical fault, fire investigators have said.
A spokesman for North Wales Fire & Rescue Service said the call came in at 3.51pm on Saturday, 19 September to report that the sailing boat was on fire.
A person was on board the yacht, Sandpiper of Hamble, when the fire started and tried to extinguish the fire themselves before evacuating the boat.
Two fire engines from Llandudno attended the incident. Crews found the yacht to be well alight, moored alongside a jetty,and tackled the blaze using one hose reel and two main reel jets. The fire was extinguished by 6pm.
- Warning after boat fire explosion caused by petrol spillage
- Fan heater warning after boat fire
- Boat destroyed by fire on Dorset river
- Warning to boat owners following spate of fires
- Boat blaze sparked by DIY work
The fire service spokesman added: ‘There was someone on board when the fire started, they tried to tackle it themselves and then evacuated the boat.
‘It was an accidental fire, due to an electrical fault.
‘The coastguard was informed.’