Learn how to navigate with radar and AIS
Garmin is holding a navigation day for its marine customers on Saturday March 17 at its UK headquarters in Southampton.
The details are as follows:
Date: Saturday March 17
Time: 9:30am – 3:30pm
Price: £49 each
Suitable for all skill levels
Covers both Sail and Power
A quick rundown of the day is as follows:
– Welcome with tea/coffee/bacon sandwiches
– Presentations from Gordon Meadow from the Electronic Navigation Academy on navigating electronically and using radar and AIS on the water.
– Hands-on practical sessions to use what you’ve learnt in the presentations. These will focus on:
– Making the most of the chart-plotter on your boat and at home with routes, waypoints and tracks explained.
– Setting up and installing a Garmin radar
– Connecting VHF (DSC) to your AIS and plotter
– A Q&A session and goody bags
To confirm a place email your name and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org