Sunday 28th May 2017
Free Entry and ample free parking
At Fambridge Yacht Haven, Church Road North Fambridge Chelmsford Essex CM3 6LU
The annual Fambridge River festival is a celebration of all that is great about sailing on the East Coast. The one-day event celebrates the famous River Crouch with activities on and off the water. It attracts a wide range of classic and historical boats which are available for visitors to look around. These include Thames Sailing Barges, sailing Smacks and the Vic 96 steam powered barge. The RNLI Sea Safety Clinic are on hand to give free-of-charge lifejacket inspections and the HM Coastguard team will also be displaying their latest equipment.
There will be Gig Racing on the river attended by teams from all over the east coast. With the finishing line just metres from the pontoons the racing will be a good opportunity to see these Essex built boats in action.
Confirmed boats for 2017 so far include:
· Vic 96, a Steam Coasting Lighter (aka a ‘Puffer’)
· Old Gaffers Association
· SY Marigold, a 1981 44ft Gravesend Bawley
· Touchstone tug, a 1962 21m historic Thames tugboat
· Cirdan Sailing Trust with yacht Duet, a 1913 22m gaffer
· 49ft Oyster Ketch run by Adventures Offshore and the Sea Scouts
· Marigold Charters
· James Steven’s No. 14 Lifeboat from the Frinton & Walton Heritage Trust
· Dutch Sailing Barge Drie Gebroeders
Off the water there will be lots of stalls and fun and games for all the family.
The 2017 Fambridge River Festival takes place on 28th May at Fambridge Yacht Haven. For more information, visit www.yachthavens.com/fambriverfest