Do you love marine gear and the latest technology or are practical projects your passion? We have a vacancy for a writer working across all our marine titles...
Do you love marine gear and the latest technology or are practical projects your passion?
We have a vacancy for a writer working across all our marine titles specialising principally in gear reviews and tests and overseeing features on practical boatbuilding projects.
This involves a mixture of getting afloat to put equipment through its paces and being a part of a great team of experienced journalists to help create the world’s favourite international magazines and websites: Yachting World; Motorboat & Yachting; Yachting Monthly; and Practical Boat Owner.
20 antifouling paints tested in 13 UK locations: which works best where you keep your boat?
David Pugh tests 12 readily-available snubbers to find out which one best absorbs a snatch load
Tacking inside a ‘cone’ can help you to harness changes in wind direction, explains Dick Everitt.
As if loss of steering and starting to sink wasn’t bad enough, John Broadhead was forced to keep a cool…
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in writing and/or commissioning sailing content
- Ability to copy edit to a high standard and coach freelance writers
- Heaps of ideas for gear features for a broad international audience
- An understanding of the management of social platforms
- Ability to work remotely and independently
- Be available for some days per month at our offices in Farnborough, Surrey.
- Experience of magazine journalism and knowledge of web writing and
- SEO would be a great advantage
** Candidates must be entitled and able to work in the UK
If you are interested, please send a CV detailing your experience of writing about or testing marine gear and your background to email@example.com