Entries are now open for World Cruising Club’s new ARC Channel Islands 2016 rally following a packed launch event at the Southampton Boat Show.
Aside from the focus on safety and support, there is a comprehensive social programme encouraging the camaraderie between crews to quickly develop during the rally. RYA membership is included in the entry fee for those not already members and discounts are available for existing RYA members.
Guy Malpas, RYA yachting development manager, said: ‘The RYA Active Marina scheme aims to help boat owners gain more from their boats, and this rally is an excellent opportunity for both novice and experienced sailors to hone their skills on a challenging but enjoyable passage. We are pleased to be supporting this rally, and hope it is encourages more people to get afloat and use their boats.’
Entries are open
The first 10 boats to enter ARC Channel Islands will be automatically entered into a prize draw to win a set of recommended charts and pilot books, courtesy of Imray. The set, worth £270, will equip any sailor with every publication they could need for a cross channel trip. In addition, all confirmed ARC Channel Island entries can save up to 30% on selected charts and pilot books through Imray once they have signed up to the rally.
Due to space restrictions, ARC Channel Islands is limited to 30 boats and places will be allocated on a ‘first come, first served basis’. We anticipate the rally to be popular and encourage those interested to enter early to secure their place.
- World Cruising Club at PBO Ask the Experts Live!
- Emotional finale to the 2014 Atlantic Rally for Cruisers
- European Odyssey rally launched
- Cruising rally organisers join forces
The entry fee is made up of a boat fee and a crew fee payable for each person onboard the boat. Boat Fee: based on LOA as follows:
8.23-12.00m £475 + VAT* = £570**
12.01-14.00m £525 + VAT* = £630**
14.01-18.29m £575 + VAT* = £690**
*VAT at the prevailing rate on date of entry ** with VAT at 20% as at date of publication
Catamarans: There is a berthing supplement for catamarans of £130 relative to LOA as shown above.
Whole Rally Crew Fee – non-RYA member £195
Whole Rally Crew Fee – RYA Member £145
Whole Rally Crew Fee – Child aged 6 – 18 on 31 July 2016 £75
Single Leg Crew Fee £75
What do the entry fees include?
Before the rally
• Comprehensive rally information accessed through the Member’s Area of www.worldcruising.com providing advice about participation/equipment
• Pre-rally newsletters
• Full support of World Cruising Club staff prior to rally to aid preparations
• Attendance at a full day preparation seminar, held spring 2016 (two places per boat entry)
• One year’s RYA membership for each crew member aged 18 or over (non-RYA members only)
• Savings of up to 30% on selected charts and pilot books through Imray
During the rally
• All berthing fees on scheduled stopover dates in ports on the route of the rally (valued at between £220 and £300 depending on LOA)
• Skippers’ Briefing in Gosport
• Support of lead boat, skippered by a professional YMI
• World Cruising Club staff on hand throughout the event with comprehensive sailing experience and in depth local knowledge
• Tracking of yacht positions, including loan of satellite tracker
• Regular weather and passage briefings
• Welcome meal in Gosport
• Welcome drinks reception in Cherbourg
• Tour to local market in Cherbourg
• Coach tour and military hospital visit in Guernsey
• Railway trip in Alderney
• Farewell meal in Gosport
Full details including rally benefits and links to the conditions of entry and safety equipment requirements are available in the ARC Channel Islands Information Pack. To request a copy, please contact World Cruising Club on +44 (0) 1983 296060, or email email@example.com
You can also visit the ARC Channel Islands website www.worldcruising.com/arcchannelislands