ENTRIES NOW OPEN FOR 2015 LYMINGTON CLASSIC REGATTA
Following the huge success of the inaugural regatta in 2014, the Lymington Classic Regatta returns in September 2015 with a new dedicated website at www.lymingtonclassicregatta.com
Lymington Yacht Haven is delighted to share dates for the second edition of the Lymington Classic Regatta that will take place on 12th and 13th September 2015, with entries now being invited from interested parties.
For 2015, a new website has been launched for the event at www.lymingtonclassicregatta.com, giving a wealth of information on the regatta along with a direct link to the on line entry form.
Regatta entrants will have access to the Yacht Haven’s extensive new facilities both on and off the water to include:
• Professional race officers in fully-equipped Committee boats
• Race management teams supported by trained volunteer teams
• Individual opportunities for RIB charter and marine photography
• Hull scrubs
• Pontoon parties provided by local sponsors
• A full schedule of social events throughout the weekend
• Use of free parking for crew and guests at Lymington Yacht Haven
• Bar, restaurant and casual dining areas all with stunning views of the Western Solent
Director Rupert Wagstaff explains why he was keen to be involved in creating a new regatta for Lymington:
“Lymington has long been associated with yachting having built three of the original fifteen yachts that raced against the schooner America around the Isle of Wight in 1851, a race that was the forerunner to the America’s Cup.
With the stunning new facilities we have to offer at Lymington Yacht Haven, together with the Royal Lymington Yacht Club’s past experience in hosting word class yachting events, the inaugural event in 2014 was a great success. Building on this, we are hoping to have over 40 boats entered into the 2015 regatta.”
To register your interest in this event, please go to www.lymingtonclassicregatta.com