With over 20 years experience in cleaning yachts, Managing Director of Cleantogleam, Gary Winter, has recently developed a range of products that are both tough on blemishes, but at the same time, gentle on the surfaces that need to be protected.
Gary has seen firsthand the limited range of products on the market. These products never lived up to their promises and through this frustration Gary saw the potential to develop and research professional boat and yacht care products that really work. He wanted to change the face of cleaning products for boats and yachts and therefore sourced the top ten cleaning products from around the globe and took them to different chemists in the UK to find out how to make them better.
Today, Cleantogleam has seven new cleaning products on the market. These include Boat Wash, which is ideal for an overall exterior clean for a gleaming finish and has been what Gary terms as “scientifically engineered” to eliminate surface grime and salt build-up, while at the same time remaining gentle on those all too precious top coats. The Boat Wash was created not only for performance, having been tested on over a thousand boats in all conditions over the course of a year, but also in line with a green ethos and natural ingredients that aren’t harmful or damaging as Gary clarifies: “I needed a good boat wash, which was also environmentally friendly, bio-degradable and could have plant extracts in.”
Another such product is the Hard Paste Wax. It is the perfect finish and follow up for an ultra-high gloss look to a gelcoat painted surface, specifically enabling protection from all weathers, while the Boat Polish has been developed to restore fibreglass and painted surfaces. Gary has also engineered a product specifically for RIB’s and tenders with the new RIB cleaner, ideal for fenders, buoys, PVC tubing, materials such as Hypalon and vinyl covers, and any non slip surfaces.
Inside hasn’t been overlooked either with the innovative multi-purpose Interior Cleaner. Formulated purposely for a marine environment it can wipe away stains and spills on all upholstery, carpets and vinyl right through to monkey fur and can be used in all areas such as the galley, cabins, saloon and cockpit. Glass is another cleaning issue with the ever growing trend for more onboard. The Glass Cleaner from Cleantogleam, with a delicately developed formula for boats and yachts, will help get any glass, plexiglass, plastic windows, mirrors, heads and taps looking sparkling with a streak-free finish.
Along with the grade sponges, all in-one bag for product storage and micro-fibre cloth, finishing this complete marine cleaning range up is the Deodoriser. Smell can so easily become an issue onboard with lingering aromas from the galley, the Deodoriser promptly and efficiently wipes away any odours and bacteria leaving the interior smelling just like it should!
PBO is giving you the chance to win one full professional CleantoGleam starter kit including:
1 Litre Boat wash,1 Litre Boat polish, 1 Litre Rib cleaner, 750ml Interior cleaner, 750ml Glass
cleaner, 750ml Deodoriser, 190g Hard paste wax, Pack of 5 Microfibre cloths, Grade 1,2, 3 Sponges & Promotional
Bag Worth £150.00
Closing date: 22nd April 2018
Terms and conditions
- The promoter of this competition is Cleantogleam (“Promoter“), which has its registered offices located at 20-22 Aylesbury End, Clarendon House, Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire HP9 1LW and is a company registered in England and Wales.
- This comptition is administered and fulfilled by Time Inc. (UK) Ltd (“TIUK“), which has its registered offices located at 3rd Floor, 161 Marsh Wall, London, E14 9AP and is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 53626.
- There will be one winner of this competition. The winnerwill each win the following prize: A professional starter kit.
- The winner(s) are responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prize, including any necessary travel documents, passports and visas.
- This competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- This competition is open to residents in the UK (excluding Northern Ireland) aged eighteen (18) or over excluding employees and past employees of Promoter and TIUK, their printers and agents and anyone materially connected to the administration of this competition. Proof of eligibility must be provided upon request.
- This competition will run on on pbo.co.uk
- To enter this competition, you fill in your details on pbo.co.uk
- This competition will open on 22nd March 2018 and the closing date is 23.59 on 22nd April 2018.
- You can only enter this competition online. Entry made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void. Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- Only one entry per person may be submitted. All entries will become the property of TIUK and will not be returned. TIUK and Promoter accept no responsibility for entries unsuccessfully submitted.
- Entries must be made directly by the person entering this competition. By submitting an entry, you agree to be bound by these Competition Terms.
- The winner(s) will be drawn at random from all correct entries received by the closing date. The decision of TIUK is final and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision.
- Winner(s) will be notified by email after 22nd April 2018.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner(s). If the winner(s) cannot be contacted within 7 days, or if the winner(s) are unable to comply with these Competition Terms, TIUK reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random, or in the event that this competition is being judged, to offer the prize to the runner(s)-up selected by the same judges.
- Failure to respond and/or provide information requested, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements, may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- Prizes are subject to availability and the prize supplier’s terms and conditions. The prize is as stated, is not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer. TIUK accepts no responsibility whatsoever for elements of the prize being withdrawn. In the event of the prize being unavailable, TIUK and Promoter reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- TIUK and Promoter reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions at any time and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of this competition. Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, TIUK and Promoter, their agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner(s) or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of TIUK and/or Promoter, their agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- If you are a winner of this competition, you agree that TIUK and Promoter may use your name, photograph and town or county of residence to announce the winner(s) of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes, and you agree to co-operate with any other reasonable requests by TIUK and Promoter relating to any post-winning publicity.
- In the event of a discrepancy between these Competition Terms and the details in the promotional material, the details in the promotional material shall prevail.
- These Competition Terms will be governed by English Law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.